Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When in Rome learn to speak Ewe.

Words to know when taking care of kids who speak Ewe (spelled phonetically, compiled with help from Sonjelle):
  • Yavo/yevu/yevo- white man
  • Ah mey ee bo- black man
  • Va- come
  • Jo jo- go
  • Ay- yes
  • Oh- no
  • Toh- stop
  • May kah ee fee me oh- don’t go there
  • Mah- share
  • Doh toh- quiet
  • Novee- please
  • Qwa nam- give me
  • Eff wah- how are you
  • Bohn u a day- careful
  • Ach bey- thank you
  • Wey zoh- you’re welcome
  • Vah me donu- you’re invited
  • Indeenah- good morning
  • Oh leh nyah ah nyah ueh doh- I hope you’re saying nice things.
  • Meh gah whey oh- don’t hit
  • Meng nyeh we bleh nyu ehoh- that’s not a toy
  • Mah-po- I will beat you (note- this is not to say to this kids, rather to be able to recognize it when they say it to each other.)

No comments:

Post a Comment